This week was great!!! We´re working hard in the area…trying not to think about the possibility of cambios (transfers) this week. I hope I get to kill my comp (be her last companion because she’s going home), cause I really don’t want to leave my area and I love my companion a lot.
This week we got a couple to commit to get married!!! We even had him get down on one knee and propose with a CTR ring! It was so great!! They are the family that we met when we were really discouraged and he said that his brother-in-law wanted to enter our church. Sissi (the soon to be bride) gained her testimony so quickly when she started to read the Book of Mormon. I remember we came the third visit and she just sat us down and straight up just told us that she knows the church is true and whenever she feels distressed or upset or sad she just says “where’s my libro (book)”. It was such a wonderful surprise haha. We´re so excited for them! The hardest part is waiting for their partidas (items – I think in this case the marriage papers) to arrive so they can get married. (the main reason why baptisms are postponed. it’s a huge trial of faith for some people).
I feel like I’m really getting a hang of the language and can express myself now. Before I felt so limited but now I feel the spirit working with me so much more and I feel more inspired and close to the spirit to be able to express God´s love to these people and the importance of keeping his mandamientos (commandments). I love this work so much!! Read the Book of Mormon!
1. I’m going to miss our lessons with Ghyanivon. She’s amazing!! We get to talk about deep doctrine haha
2. Main mode of transportation (mototaxis) and our chapel in the background!
3. Our neighbors who aways come out to hug us whenever they see us leave our house or when we come home at night… so preciosos (beautiful)
4. She’s dying!
5. P-day libre (free)!! Classic San Juan de Lurigancho
6. Snow in a can – finally opened from Christmas